Exploring Graduate School
Before pursuing graduate or professional school, ask yourself a few questions:
- Why do I want to go to graduate school?
- Do I need a graduate degree to further my career?
- Am I passionate enough about a subject to engage in intensive study?
- What program will best fit my needs and interests?
- Should I start a graduate program immediately, or work for a few years instead?
- Should I build more hands-on experience in my field before attending graduate school?
- Can I afford graduate school?
A graduate school education is an enormous investment of time, effort, and money. Attending graduate school should be a well thought out decision!
Please refer to our resources for some useful places to start looking into graduate school.
Graduate School Testing
- GRE- Graduate Record Examinations
- CPA- Accounting Institute Seminars
- DAT- ADA Online: Dental Admission Testing Program
- GMAT- Graduate Management Admission Council
- LSAT- Law School Admission Council
- NCLEX- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- MCAT- AAMC: Medical College Admission Test
Graduate School Testing Preparation
Researching Graduate and Professional Schools
- The Graduate School Guide
- Affordable Colleges Online: Online Master's Degree Programs
- Affordable Colleges Online: Online MBA programs
- Should I go to Grad School?
- Grad School Timeline
- Organizing Your Graduate School Research
- LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) Scholarship Information Sheet
- LAGRANT (TLF) Scholarship Application
- Why go to grad school?
- Timeline & Deadlines
- Personal Statement and Recommendations
- Cast a Wide Net of Financing