Become a Go Far Volunteer
Whether you realize it or not, you've gained a great deal of valuable knowledge and wisdom through your career. Our low-income, first generation students could very much benefit by learning from your experience. Becoming a Go Far Volunteer is the perfect way to pay forward your career insights and professional skills in support of our eager, curious students who are just at the beginning of their career journey.
There are two ways to serve as a Go Far Volunteer:
- Mock Interviewer: Help our students hone their interview skills by giving practice interview feedback and sharing your tips for success during the interview process.
- Informational Interviewer: Share with students the path you took to your career and all the positive and challenging things you wish you would have known about your role and industry.
Register to serve as a Mock Interviewer, Informational Interviewer, or both by completing this online registration form. Once you've registered, you will be added to our confidential database and be matched with students who either fit your career field or area of expertise.
Who is this opportunity for?
This volunteer opportunity is for individuals who are:
- Experienced: A professional with 3+ years experience if you have a bachelor's degree, or 10+ years experience without a bachelor's degree.
- Engaging: You have an ability to communicate openly and share your work experiences and career path as an informational interviewer, and give constructive feedback to our students as a mock interviewer.
- Excited: Positive and engaged professionals are a great fit for this opportunity to help students feel comfortable and receptive in these conversations.
If this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, don't worry. There are plenty of other ways to volunteer with Bottom Line.
Frequently Asked Questions
You decide! On the registration form, you can choose how many times/month you would be interested in meeting with a student. Typically, each meeting will last 30 minutes to an hour.
Unfortunately, no. The demand of a volunteer will depend on your availability, the student's availability, career field fit, and time of year. But rest assured that we will monitor volunteer outreach to ensure that student interaction time is evenly distributed throughout the volunteer base.
When a student is in need of a mock or informational interview, local Bottom Line staff will match the student with a volunteer that's the best fit in terms of availability, fit, and area of interest or expertise.
Once you register, you will receive materials preparing you for mock and/or informational interviews, based on the program(s) you selected through registration.
Sign up online today!